Do you know about SinC’s benefits for members?
Are you taking full advantage of your Sisters in Crime Membership? Have you checked out the national SistersinCrime.org website lately? Haven’t had the time? Here are a few things you shouldn’t miss!
- Authors for Libraries Program: submit your online form to be added to a database for libraries looking for local author speakers, searchable by zip code. Log in to Sistersincrime.org and look under United for Libraries.
- We Love Libraries Program: Enter your library in the We Love Libraries Sic grants of $500 will be awarded this year. To enter, simply complete the entry form on the Sistersincrime.org website and upload a photo of one or more of the library staff with three books in their collection by Sisters in Crime members. You can find a list of our members who are authors by navigating to our top menu drop-down menu and look under Resources –> Author Search.
- We Love Bookstores Program: like the library program, but this drawing is for bookstores. Fill out the entry form on the sistersincrime.org website!
- Grants, awards, scholarships: Academic research grants, education grants, the Dorothy Cannell Scholarship, and the Eleanor Taylor Bland Award. Are you eligible? You might be! Check it out.
- The Member Directory: Want to find another member and contact them? Log in to access the member directory.
- Manage your Profile as a member: link to your blog, upload files, connect on social networks, add photos, add yourself to the author search map and database so that libraries and other groups looking for speakers can find you, add yourself to the Heart of Texas Chapter.
- Locate special offers for members, including reduced rates for a variety of mystery magazines via the We Love Short Stories Program. Find conferences and events, too.
- Join a Sisters in Crime listserv: one for self-published authors to ask questions and share information, another for all authors of any type.
- Join the Guppies: The “great unpublished” want you to join their chapter for advice, classes, and camaraderie. Find unconditional support, critique groups, beta readers, or whatever else you need to pursue publication of your work.