Welcome to Sisters in Crime
~ Heart of Texas Chapter
Heart of Texas is a chapter of Sisters in Crime, an international organization whose mission is to promote the ongoing advancement, recognition and professional development of women crime writers.
We are writers and readers, men and women, who share an interest in crime fiction. Current members live throughout Central Texas–from Waco on the north to San Antonio on the south–but our territory has no borders: No matter where you live, you’re welcome here.
We meet monthly in Austin to hear speakers–authors, editors, book designers, publishers, attorneys, law enforcement officers, sociologists, forensic artists, scientists and technologists, and other professionals–present programs designed to improve writing skills and to broaden our knowledge of the worlds we read and write about. In addition, our own authors share their publications and works in progress.
Meetings are free and the public is invited. All regular meetings are the 2nd Sunday of every month (except May when the meeting is on the 3rd Sunday)
9411 Bee Cave Rd
Austin, TX 78746
2:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
FREE AND OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
As a HOTXSINC member, you have the opportunity to
- sell your books at the HOTXSINC table during the annual Texas Book Festival;
- receive discounted (or free) tuition for chapter-sponsored classes and workshops
- network with writers in other local organizations;
- participate in a variety of chapter-sponsored activities: readings and signings, contests, publications, field trips, critique groups;
- have your name, a photo, a brief bio, and your publications displayed on our website;
- become part of a close-knit community dedicated to encouraging and supporting the creative endeavors of all members;
- access all the resources of the international Sisters in Crime.
To join or renew, click here.